• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BP Revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best black powder revolver in my opinion is the Ruger Old Army. For some reason the company just stopped making these revolvers, but they are available used. The downside is that the Old Armies are not historically accurate weapons; nobody made one in the 19th century. However this gun is a good one.

They stopped making them because they weren't selling them in a financially viable volume. They are good target guns with the adjustable sights and some used them in CAS. But they couldn't be used for re-enacting and anyone who cared about authenticity stayed away from them.

Only one shooter in our entire league routinely uses one (the Ruger Old Army), and most folks new to the league want to buy a Colt reproduction or a Remington '58 repro.

Now that you can't buy them new anymore, some folks are talking about investing in one in fine condition, just to say that they have one.

Dave

People are funny. When there's plenty of something around nobody really cares. As soon as the word gets out that there won't be anymore of them made, the value jumps and people want them! :confused:

Golfswithwolves said:
The best black powder revolver in my opinion is the Ruger Old Army. For some reason the company just stopped making these revolvers, but they are available used. The downside is that the Old Armies are not historically accurate weapons; nobody made one in the 19th century. However this gun is a good one.

I think Ruger will bring back the Old Army when demand builds up over time.

Agree with Russ T Frizzen's comments.

Back