• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BP virgin here

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickman15

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Dan and I live in central Iowa.I'm totally new to muzzleloading, never even fired one (can't wait to)I am building a Traditions Kentucky rifle .50 cal. I joined this forum so I may get some advice and direction on how to proceed. Last night I was trying to get the trigger guard into it's slot and learned a valuable lesson DONT FORCE IT lol. There are a few questions I have, but I'll wait till later. I have been married to my wonderful wife for 12 years this Feb and we have 3 sons ages 4,2 and 4 months. I'm hoping to get handy building rifles so I can build each of our children a rifle as an heirloom hunting rifle. I should mention, I think my fascination with BP rifles started at a very young age because (strangely)I was a Civil War freak from the ages of 7 to about 15. I'll see ya around.

Welcome To Camp Lot's Of Good People With
All The Knowlage You Wiil Ever Need. So Pull
Up Next To The Fire And Warm Bones And Prepair
For The Addiction Of Black Powder And Smoke.
-------------------------
Dan-L :thumbsup:

Hi Dan and welcome to our sport/hobby. When you do have questions, don't hesitate to ask them; after all, we were all in your shoes at the beginning of our journey.

One of the holes in my lock is actually right behind the hammer, no matter what position it is in,do I need to redrill a new hole?

Nevermind about the hammer question, I finally had my first AHA! moment and found a lot of confidence in my ability to get this rifle done and looking good!

Dan,
Welcome to the MLF.Lots of information
available here. Don't forget about the 'SEARCH'
feature of the forum.Lots of info in the archives.
Visit and contribute often.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Back