• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brazier/double brazier stands

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentuckyjed

.45, .50, .62 cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have noticed at several rendezvous people cooking with a double brazier usually on an elevated stand/table of sorts to avoid having to get up and down if it was set on the ground. My question is there any historical reference to these stands? usually made of metal or angle iron. I have looked online but have not found any information. I have used a single brazier but have recently purchased another and have built a stand/table of sorts for them to set on and facilitate easier cooking as opposed to kneeling on the ground as much. (bad knees)
Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
BZ

I have noticed that the last few rendezvous I have been to that there seems to be a little less emphasis on total period correctness unless it is obvious like sneakers instead of mocs. I did notice at a vous I went to last year that a group of men camping together were using a gas burner somewhat concealed in their cooking area, I thought it was pretty lame. I try to be as period correct as I can outside my tent or tarp.
Thanks for the information.

Back