• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brown Bess bayonet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Flint

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone used or fit the TOTW Brown Bess bayonet on the Pedersoli 2nd model Bess? The barrel diameters show to be the same at the muzzle (.890). I was wondering if the lug size was different. The TOTW kit is for a Long Land pattern.

I have a Pedersoli 2nd model Bess and I ordered the $45.00 cheap imported bayonet from TOTW for it. It is not TOTW's fault, but I got just what I paid for, a piece of junk. Yeah, it will fit, but it is much larger than needed and it hangs like a wet noodle off of the end of the barrel. It does well to hang by your side or to be used as a "spit" to cook a piece of meat over a fire, but that is all it is good for. I know now that I should have spent the money to get the Pedersoli bayonet that they make for Italian repro Besses. Hope this helps. :shocked2:

It sure does. I contacted TOTW yesterday and was told that their bayonet does fit the Pedersoli. When you said that it hangs like a wet noodle, do you mean that the fit was very loose?

Yes, it is very loose. It will slide over the muzzle and turn into the slot that should hold it steady, but it does not. If I was good at posting pictures, I would show you what I mean. Again, I do not blame TOTW. I have had nothing but great service from them, but if you want a quality Bess bayonet, you may want to save up some more and get a better one.

yes i have the bayonet and it fits.. as far as for my reenactments it is perfect.. for the few ifany minutes that we fix and charge bayonets it fits the bill. if you are planning on using it for home defense it may be a little loose.but i still feel you could wreak havoc on someone's abdominal aorta with one :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back