• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bucks County Pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
Posting here because I personally know of 3 members who are presently building Bucks County LRs. Hope these pics help. Comments welcome...both critical and otherwise....Fred

Bucks46PB.jpg

Bucks46OA.jpg

Bucks46Lock.jpg

Bucks46Comb.jpg

Bucks46PBS.jpg

Bucks46EPS.jpg

Bucks46CheekSide.jpg

LR has a 46" "B" weight Rice bbl, Chambers Deluxe lock. Engraving by Tim Adlam.

Nicely done Fred!!

Buck's is my second favorite style.... Lehigh the first. Oh well, they're neighbors any way.

Well Fred ......... :idunno: I don't know what to say...... so I guess I will be cordial & offer help. :stir: Send the dang thing over here & let me work on it, when I get it done with it in 10-12 years I will send it back to you...... :grin: :rotf: :rotf:

Really tho, absolutely Superb looking job on that rifle !! :bow:

:thumbsup:

Where did you get the ramrod inlet pipe and is it an integral part of the brass right behind it?

I've had a Buck's in the works for some time and I made a similar pipe by soldering the plate to a standard ramrod thimble but I'm not real happy with it.

Thanks to all for the kind words. The entry pipe is one piece and is probably the most difficult part to make and inlet. Made a female form die from some oak blocks and it clamps the completed ferrule and the front radius is peened in and annealed a few times to avoid tearing and the male block is mat'l thickness less than the shape of the forend. The "wings" are spread open for inletting and as the top of the tail nears "home", the "wings" are bent inward and outlined w/ an Exacto knife and the inletting is completed. I'm in the process of elongating the female form to accommodate a longer "tail" as on some Bucks County LRs....Fred

That's the nicest looking longrifle that I've seen in a long time. :hatsoff:

Am still "contemplating" a Rupp Lehigh {started thinking 2 yrs ago} and have all the components but seeing they're the "trickiest" LR to make, am still making a list of all the "oddities" inherent in a Lehigh. My hats off to you for your beautiful Lehighs...Fred

Well,I am certainly no expert on Buck's county rifles but I know what I like and I really like your work. After Birddog6 has it for a few years, maybe I could show it around Michigan for a time while you are building your Lehigh???? Fred is special, folks. JZ

PIKELAKE said:
Well,I am certainly no expert on Buck's county rifles but I know what I like and I really like your work. After Birddog6 has it for a few years, maybe I could show it around Michigan for a time while you are building your Lehigh???? Fred is special, folks. JZ
Pike, I'm sorry but the route north from BirdDog6 will be up through North Carolina first...

Fred absolutely incredible!!!!!! :bow: Hope my Buck co. will look 1/8 as good as yours!!! I inlet my Chambers Deluxe Siler lock tonight.Yours is just beautiful!!! Thanks for posting the pics!! Ed

Really beautiful!!! I saved the pictures for future referance. Could post pictures of the rear thimbel and its tang carving?

Best regards

Rolf

Latest posts

Back