• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

buffalo horns??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two-bellys said:
just wondering if buffalo horns were common in the 1760-1790 period east of the miss-river? :confused:

I don't know if you would call them common, but they certainly existed during that time frame and locale. THere are several examples in various museums of bison horns done up in typical eastern style and collected in the east.

Randy Hedden

two-bellys said:
just wondering if buffalo horns were common in the 1760-1790 period east of the miss-river? :confused:

Yup, there were buffalo roaming around east of the Miss back in those days.

Yah, supposedly the Eastern Wood Bison got hunted out. We'll probably never know how many there were.

Welcome to the forum. You need to check out the rules posted at the top. There is a rule against offering stuff for sale. Just wanted to let you know about it.

OOPS REBEL !,,,I truely am sorry. Hope ya forgive me, ya know what they say about asumptions,,and I did assume. Sorry sir. Capt Mike

No need to apologise to me, i was just letting you know, i don't run the Forum. Stick around though, there are a lot of good, knowledgeable folks here.

I think it was Simon Kenton who once killed two deer, only to watch as a herd of bison thundered over them going to the salt lick, and reduced the deer to ruin.

Bison Powder horn
bHorn4ML.jpg

I don’t know about the East.

I live in/on the prairie so American bison/buffalo powder
horns are more common to see.

Just thought that you might like a look.

Tinker2

Latest posts

Back