• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

build project, the stock is almost done

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey012778

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am building an hawkens out of parts. the first part of the build is almost done. I bought an stock and refinish it with an classic oak minwax stain. the stain has urethane mixed it. I have so far put 4 coats on it. with a plan of 2 more.

HPIM0888.jpg

HPIM0887.jpg

HPIM0886.jpg

HPIM0885.jpg

update.

I have polished the brass that I have on it. fitting the trigger. waiting on an lock and for the barrel to come back from an forum member that browned it for me. I think an blond stock and an browned barrel are going to look great together. I bought an nickel tang cheap and stripped the nickel off with vinegar. it is sitting now with browning solution.

just needing an trigger guard and butt plate now and I will be done.

there is just one more thing I want to do with the stock. since I used the stain I did. I wonder how wax would react to the urethane

Latest posts

Back