• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bushy Tail again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne/Al

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Will try once more.

DSCF0730.jpg

HOTDOG !!! I Got it!!

The load I used was 17 grains FFF under a patched round ball. It was about a 30 yard shot.Just about took off the side of the head you cant see in the picture.

Good shooting...head shot? Sure is fun isn't it. Oh, the Claymore bag works well for possibles and such. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Sarge, You are the only one that mentioned the Claymore Bandoleer. I'm retired Army and had access. I enjoy hunting those bushy tails and they make some good chow also.

OK I am going to attempt to post a picture or two of some squirrel kills. These were killed with my little 40 calibre North Carolina gunne made by Mike Miller of Paducah, KY. I use a .395 cast ball, 0.020 patch lubed with pure bear oil, 35 grs. FFFG Swiss with the same in the pan.
Tom Black
Cantucky
063.jpg

Really nice picture Tom. Good looking rifle and some good eating. Enjoy!!

Wayne/Al

:thumbsup: Got the frypan all heated up. Two tree-rats is enough for me(go get a few for yourself :shocked2:), and when you leave, you can "accidentally" leave that somkepole leaning against my tent. Never had one that purdy. Vern

Tom who made your horn, really nice lines n coloration. There is something about those southern banded horns that really is pleasing to my eye. That n Mike sure make one purty gun, hope someday to be able to afford one. Great picture

Back