• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BUYER BEWARE - Mntnhntr is a SCAMMER

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The privilege to post on the trader should be earned. 100 posts minimum. BTW Compared to what we had to work with in early 70's doing EBI's (extended background investigations) on military recruits, today is a complete dream. Unless your exceptionally good at stealing whole identities (and hiding your own) being a scammer in the US today is stupid.

Guys, please watch what you say.
Most people pop off and like to talk the talk. They don’t walk the walk. Sadly, like America, they’re all form and no substance. Manners are gone. Guys think it’s cool to be snarky.

Having run email groups and sites and fb groups, I know what you have to go through with knuckleheads sometimes. Thanks.

Guys, please watch what you say.
And this is what I exactly appreciate about this forum, you didn't delete posts, or change other people's words. You politely asked people to say something a different way and if they disagreed, you didn't make a huge deal about it.

This is called browser fingerprinting. There are ways around it, but it basically is a unique hardware signature that your computer leaves every time it accesses a site. This site will show you if you are able to be identified by your browser fingerprint alone, regardless of IP. It's not 100% accurate, but it's enough to raise red flags.

https://amiunique.org/

Both forums use a similar template so why not institute a feedback score for transactions?
That, along with a 5 min phone call between buyer/seller should alleviate most scams
For me, the phone call is absolutely necessary for any transaction over just a few bucks.
If they refuse to talk to you over the phone before you send the $$, the odds are you're not getting the item after you send the $$.

Took 30 seconds to find @Mntnhntr, if he is the guy.
View attachment 262326
A donation to the local Hells Angles would definitely get a response, you could even include the cost of your donation.
I'm sure those good fellow would explain his wrong doings, and rectify the situation on the second visit.
Oh, by the way they work much faster than local authorities.
To be fair to the good fellows of Hells Angles you must provide a valid address for their most polite visit.
They will not be pleased with mistaken identity.

Last edited:
A donation to the local Hells Angles would definitely get a response, you could even include the cost of your donation.
I'm sure those good fellow would explain his wrong doings, and rectify the situation on the second visit.
This is truly a great forum. I have been a member for 18 years, had dealings many times both ways, ( buying and selling ) never a problem. I have remained in contact with some all through these years.
Sadly rats slither in and commence to do their dirty work. The moderators can only do so much and they are not bill collectors.
If a serious buyer is going to buy something he will send payment as promptly as reason. Rest assured if you do not get payment before it is sent, there is a good chance you will NEVER see payment or item .
Secret and false names are a sure sign of false intentions.
Fred

Last edited:
So, how do we make sure that he doesn't sign in with a new name?
I'm not asking HOW it's done, just IS IT being done?
Maybe payments need to be made in advance of receipt of the merchandise. I have a bunch of nice smokeless powder rifles and flintlocks I’d like to sell but I’m not a business don’t have a way to accept a Credit Card payment. I’ve been taken before selling some small power tools on Craig list. That was the last time even if you hold a check if the deal is off it’s going to cost you the bank fees. All it takes is one or two bad apples. Now I’m going to be stuck selling stuff through a gun shop which comes with consignment fees. Very frustrating. Maybe both sellers and buyers need to go through a more stringent check with references. I don’t know; I do know this behavior requires consequences.

To be fair to the good fellows of Hells Angles you must provide a valid address for their most polite visit.
Not too long back, A Guy had issues with squatters that moved into his house and wouldn't get out.
He made a trip to a local biker bar, talked to a few FINE GENTELMEN and for a few beers and a few $$$, these Gentelmen moved into the house and within a few days, the squatters were gone. 👍 👍 :D:D

Stop.

Not too long back, A Guy had issues with squatters that moved into his house and wouldn't get out.
He made a trip to a local biker bar, talked to a few FINE GENTELMEN and for a few beers and a few $$$, these Gentelmen moved into the house and within a few days, the squatters were gone. 👍 👍 :D:D
And how did he get rid of the "Gentlemen"?

So, are the "angels" still in residence?

I think computers have IP addresses.

I think the Mods have access to the IP stuff.

A name can change, but the IP address will remain the same.
Not 100% correct. There's a mess of VPN software out there that will put out a phony IP. There's also freeware that will do it. My own machine at home changes the IP twice a day. The only number most people fail to change is the MAC Address of the NIC card. However, there are apps out there for that too.

Point is, those who get caught in someway through their IP deserves to get caught.

And yes, computers do have IP addresses and yes the mods can find them. So could you if you knew how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back