• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buyers remorse on 0 buckshot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years back, I had a .32 cal. Pedersoli. I got really good accuracy using Hornady buckshot with a .010 patch lubed with Bore Butter over 20 grains of 3f Goex. The squirrels threw a party when I traded it off. :haha: I have wished many times since that I had kept it. :(

blackelm said:
Ballistic Products sells the finest, most perfectly dimensioned buckshot available and in the odd sizes we need.

Amen to that. I got a .290 mold from Tanner for my 30 cal flinter. Then bought a bottle of #2 1/2 buck from Ballistic Products. The shot is so good, that poor old Tanner mold hasn't had any exercise since. Sure beats handling those those tiny balls and clipping sprues.

From my measuring both with a mike and with the scales, my reject rate is about an order of magnitude higher with the mold than with the jug, too.

Back