• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabela Hawkin Flint?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Trap

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Guy owed me money and since he could not pay, he gave me NIB .50 flint. It is the Cabelas Hawkin. Any words of wisdom on this, and whats it worth. Worth keeping, as I don't know anything about flint guns?

Cabelas website lists that rifle for $439.99. It is made for Cabelas by Investarms in Italy. They are the same company that makes the Lyman rifles. So it should have the same Lock as the Lyman Great Plains Rifle. They are reliable locks.

Robert

It is a good accurate rifle with a reliable lock. That is myfirst flint rifle and a great gun. It is a good gun to get started on the road to flint guns. It may start an addiction you can't stop though.BEWARE!!! If you looking for the money out of it , check the price on cabela's and go from there. I would say enjoy the new toy. :thumbsup:
Andy

I've never owned one of that particular model but I have always been real impressed with anything Cabelas sells under their label. I owned the sporterized Hawken many years ago and it was one of the most accurate guns I've ever shot.

One of the first things to know about flint locks is that if you want reliable ignition use real black powder. The sythetics require such a high temperature that performance is unreliable.

Have used one in .54 for 15 or 20 years no problems. Accurate and I like it a lot. Larry Wv

Latest posts

Back