• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabelas Blue Ridge Flinter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right up front, I've never owned or shot a Blue Ridge. But I have been to Cabela's many times and I usually go over to the rack and handle one. For awhile, I was considering one in .36 but I think they are now overpriced.

In my opinion they are as good as anything T/C now makes right now and a bit more traditional than T/C's Hawken. Since T/C's asking $700 for their Hawken, it makes the Blue Ridge look pretty good.
Even better - get the Lyman GPR

:haha: You really got a good deal, I'd have been all over that myself.

I don't think most of us are saying the Blue Ridge isn't a good little hunting rifle as long as the price is right. But that's the problem with buying a new one these days.

I'd LOVE to run across a deal like you did.

:hatsoff:
Spot

They're out there if you keep looking and are willing to wait. There's a 36 cal capper on the ads here for more than I paid, but actually a more realistic measure of their used value. And even at the higher price it's tempting to me, even if it's not a flinter.

Heck, I think the price of all-American made new trucks is ridiculous. But that doesn't stop me from buying them used.

I could have bought two of them for $400 total about a month ago. They aren't worth much on the secondary market.

Actually, it is.... :wink:

There are alot of folks that want to try to get into this Addiction of ours, that just don't have the kinda' coin to invest at the onset....
Pedersoli's are fine guns to get your feet wet, with. They're actually a pretty good rifle when all is said and done.

Truth be told, I really like my Pedersoli Frontier. It's a pretty decent gun. And would make a fine starter. If you can buy a used one at the prices Mike was talking about, you can always pass it along when you decide what you'd really like to own...Sounds like a win-win to me.

Actually, I take Mike's comment as a positive one in that regard. Who knows, once their hooked, maybe they'll end up ordering a Brooks gun... :v

giz

I agree with you brown bear. The Blue Ridge is a decent rifle. I have had the opportunity to shoot a flint and a cap in .32 caliber. I found nothing wrong with either. I was able to hit the target with reasonable accuracy considering it was the first time I shot a flint or cap.

Thanks.

I look at it this way. Even if you would prefer to invest in a semi or custom, buying one of these at the right price is still a viable option. You can always sell it again later for what you have into it, maybe a little more.

Would you rather put your savings into a bank where the banker gets to have all the fun with it while paying you an insulting interest rate?

Or would you rather pick up a gun at a bargain price, shoot it and have fun with it while saving more for the semi or custom, then sell it to raise the final buxx? If you even made 10% on the resale, you'd be making about five times what the bank would bleed out to you.

To hades with robber baron banks having all the fun with the money. We may as well have our fun with it, while maybe making even more money. Even if you sold the gun again at breakeven, would you be "behind" for not earning interest or profit?

Buy the bargain and shoot the dickens out of it. Then get together with the builder you want. You'll know a heckuva lot more about what you want with the shooting experience behind you.

Latest posts

Back