• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabela's Blue Ridge rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beauchamp and sons is where i sent my Blue Ridge lock for repairs. They are supposed to have parts in stock, but they aren't cheap.

Beauchamp and sons is where i sent my Blue Ridge lfor repairs. They are supposed to have parts in stock, but they aren't cheap.
Yeah, I noticed that from your earlier post Rebel, $60 to replace a mainspring stirrup sure ain't cheap.-- :curse:
I'll see what happens with Cabelas, they couldn't give me a price nor a delivery date!-- :shake: :rolleyes:

I'd rather have a Siler lock.

But not if I have to fork out thousands of dollars to have the rest of the rifle along with the Siler lock.

Being new to the Frontier and not having to have parts, I was not aware of any issues with availability or quality.
I spent less than $450 for my Frontier Percussion NIB with an additional flintlock.

I spoke with the folks over at L&R and they have it on the plans to have a Frontier/Blue Ridge RPL lock available in January. When L&R get's this RPL lock completed, I'll likely get one of those if I start to have issues with the DP lock.

Well, here is the latest in the on-going saga of trying to find a frizzen for the Blue Ridge.
I said last week I had ordered one from Cabela's parts dept. Yesterday I got a call from the parts lady who asked "what is a frizzen"! Yeah, really. I tried to explain but was a bit irritated and had to say "anyone who doesn't know what a frizzen is is in the wrong line of work".
She called back later to say, "now I know what a frizzen is and I've ordered one from the warehouse." She still couldn't tell me when nor how much.-- :shake:

::--OK, a frizzen showed up in the mail yeaterday, from Cabelas, I guess, there was no invoice with it.
It's a very sloppy fit, but what counts is that it sparks!
Now I'm again happy with my Blue Ridge.-- :applause:

Back