• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cabelas blue ridge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainiac

36 Cal.
Reaction score
was looking at the blue ridge flinters at cabelas yesterday, and almost had to buy one in .36. I just dont think i want a Italian gun though. Am wondering from you fellers,,, do you have one? How does it shoot? Any problems? I handled it and it seem to point very nice, and it was really well put together. Would love to have a gun with a 39 inch barrell! Am very tempted to buy one, but want to know what you folk think of them. thanks, Always have had cap guns, but am really thinking of going flint.

Nice guns! I have one in percussion .36 shoots just as great as my custom rifles! Nice deal for the $$$...!!! I got mine new never shot on auction for $425.
now I need one in Flint!

I've had them in flint and percussion, and prefer the flinter by far.

I'm not crazy about Pedersoli percussion locks. But the flinters are fine, IMO.

I'm assuming you realize that these guns are not period correct...

:hatsoff:
Spot

Spot said:
I've had them in flint and percussion, and prefer the flinter by far.

I'm not crazy about Pedersoli percussion locks. But the flinters are fine, IMO.

I'm assuming you realize that these guns are not period correct...
It really dont matter to me, but im curious about your statement. How are they not period correct? With a brown barrell and primitive buckhorn sight, they sure look old time to me. Im ignorant about this so please enlighten me,,, thanks
:hatsoff:
Spot

Well,
It may not matter to you so much that the gun is not PC and that's fine. You just want to know these things is all...

What are you hoping to replicate? A southern rifle? The Blue Ridge doesn't match up with anything that was actually made during the muzzleloading era that we know of.

The way the barrel is attached to the stock is wrong, too. There are screws running through the ramrod thimbles INTO THE BARREL.

I'm not saying the Blue Ridge is a bad gun. I actually think it's a pretty GOOD production gun, in flint.

It's just not PC, if that's important.

Spot

Back