• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabin Creek "Lock Doctor" Tune-Up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an older (1975) A. Zoli 1803 Harper's Ferry rifle NIB from auction. The lock was so hard to cock, that even if you tried to use it, it would self-destruct from the power. Off to the Lock Doctor at Cabin Creek it went! Brad's service was FAST! Not as fast as the lock, mind you, ;) but his turn-around was lightning quick. He hand-wrote a couple of sheets with details as to what he did to it, and some tips on fitting if my stock needed any. (It didn't). He installed a bright new flint & leather, and sent it priority return mail. CC hand-makes flintlocks from scratch, so he knows what makes 'em work! Just my experience.

I'm curious about the cost of his services. If it thought inappropriate to public discussion, feel free to respond via PM.

Brad Emig fixed up a large Siler percussion lock for me a couple years ago, and then fixed the flintlock from a friend's old Eurorarms Kentuckian carbine. Not only does Brad do superb work, he's also extremely pleasant to do business with.

I have had them do 2 CVA locks for me, very happy with them in all aspects, (communication, service and cost) Both locks were much improved in performance after the work was done to them. Top notch company and my experience was much the same as the original poster in this thread.

I have a Yorktown style fowler built by Brad Emig from scratch. He is very talented,skilled craftsmen . One of the few like the House brothers, who can make a complete firearm from scratch, including the barrel , in the old fashioned way.
It's an amazing skill yet doesn't get the respect it deserves within the main-stream press or "craft shows" because it involves "guns"! Fortunately, there's a small population of folks like the guys on this site that love & respect the old ways.

Brad has shown a gun (or maybe 2, if I remember correctly a rifle and a pistol) with all hand-made everything. Really cool works of early industrial art. A barrel made from a piece of rolled bar stock is super cool. You're a lucky guy Jedidiah.
I have a Yorktown style fowler built by Brad Emig from scratch. He is very talented,skilled craftsmen . One of the few like the House brothers, who can make a complete firearm from scratch, including the barrel , in the old fashioned way.

I just want to clarify and not mis lead anyone. "I have a Yorktown style fowler built by Brad Emig from scratch. He is very talented,skilled craftsmen . One of the few like the House brothers, who can make a complete firearm from scratch, including the barrel , in the old fashioned way." My "fowler" was made from scratch, ie. the stock hand carved from a blank, hand cast furniture etc., but not the barrel on mine, due to the cost of making a hand forged barrel from scratch, using strips of iron wrapped around a mandrel and hand hammered/forged in the old manner ! Just wanted to be clear

Brad Emig built a rifle for me which is one of my most prized possessions. He said the stock was the nicest wood he had seen in five years. It is gorgeous.
1723814199623.jpeg

1723814627278.jpeg

Back