• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabin Fever Rondy, Yamhill Oregon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwhoffman

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Forest Hills Black Powder Brigade is hosting their Annual "Cabin Fever" Rondy Feb 2nd and 3rd.
Just west of Yamhill, Oregon at the "Flying M Ranch".
You set up camp friday if you like, shoot the trails on saturday and join in on the blanket!
bring a blanket item to pick an item, novelty shoots and shotgun on sunday. Been fun in the past, decent turnout of folks.
You can PT me for info if you like!
Brett....and Eric,Scott, buff and Kevin (all forum members)

...And we have a new bridge (thanks to anEAGLE Scout)leading into the primitive camping area and the start end ofthe trail! no more wet feet!

not from the creek anyways!
With all the rain we've been having I'm thinking that's going to cover a pretty broad area.
Planning on making it out for Saturday. Have to work Sunday. Can't take it off, cause half the shift is already off for the Superbowl.

Walked the trail today, gunna be a new ball game! mother nature has changed the shooting lanes!

...tell your friends and kinfolk!
they say we are going to go off round 9:30ish on saturday on the trail, doing a pistol trail and long gong so they told me today.

brett sr said:
Forest Hills Black Powder Brigade is hosting their Annual "Cabin Fever" Rondy Feb 2nd and 3rd.
Just west of Yamhill, Oregon at the "Flying M Ranch".
You set up camp friday if you like, shoot the trails on saturday and join in on the blanket!
bring a blanket item to pick an item, novelty shoots and shotgun on sunday. Been fun in the past, decent turnout of folks.
You can PT me for info if you like!
Brett....and Eric,Scott, buff and Kevin (all forum members)

Well, the popular excuse is..."Dude, its Super Bowl Weekend"!.....
RESPONSE..... "Dudes, the game is on Sunday afternoon, all the smoke and stuff happens saturday for the most part".

you dont think that the trappers from years back didnt get together to do the game????
I'm sure Joe Meek and them all hosted superbowl parties in the camps back in the day :blah:

Gonna have to put an extra coat of bear grease on the shoes and double up on the long johns. Stocked up on powder and ball recently and have lots of fresh flints so I think I'm good to go.
Still gonna sneak a handwarmer into my weskit pocket though.

You are reading my mind Bill!
I'm trying to figure out which clothes to wear that will keep my dry and still allow me to shoot to my potential!
wait till you see my non-pc cold weather boots!
but my feet will be warm!

pretty much turning into a real "lewis and clark" shoot!

Well, I wussed out. Let the dogs out this morning and there was slush on the ground and more slush falling out of the sky. Decided to stay in winter quarters. Put some of that slush in a glass with magarita mix and a shot of tequila.

I will shamefully confess to joining you Bill, with a snowy slush on everything at 5 AM and the cable guy coming between 9 and 10 it was much easier to leave the Fusil on the wall and turn up the pellet stove hope the boys had a good shoot and nobody drowned, Brett will likely give a report later and admonish us wuuses...

Hope it all went well. My excuse for not going is I am watching our kids all day today. So I stuck close to the fire and finish making a possible bag.
One thing for sure is I bet it was cold!

turnout was smallish 3 1/2 inches of white on the ground and it fell all day!
The trail was challenging with the snow, snow weighted limbs and the muffled sounds from the snow. I shoot a pea shooter and rely on the sounds since it doesnt move many of the targets.
very challenging and you have to trust your shooting partner!

All you local folks....You were missed!

...and my munster boots were warm as heck!

Latest posts

Back