• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Call me Dr. Frankenstien

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronMan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I think I have created a monster. ::
My youngest daughter and her BF came for a visit today. I was sitting in the liveingroom working on my Cabela's Hawken. The BF got interested and asked how it shot. I told him I had not had a chance to shoot it yet because I had no RB's for it yet. He seemed interested so I asked if he would like to shoot my .50 Bobcat and he readily agreed. I got the little Bobcat and my shooting bag and we headed out to the backyard range. I proceeded to load and explained each step as he watched. When laoded I handed the rifle to him and said just aim the same as you would with any modern rifle. Was a perfect ignition,cap popped,main charge went boom,flash of fire and bellow of smoke. He was hooked like a fish. :thumbsup:
We continued to shoot for over an hour. Till my daughter decided it was time to go home.

When we returned to the house I got out the C&B revolvers and he fell in love with the .44 1860 Armies. I said if he would come over Saturday we would take them out and make more smoke. Needless to say he was quick to agree.

I do belive the boy is hooked solid :) :redthumb:
The power of smoke and fire strikes again. I have created a Monster ::

IronMan

Heck, you lost a good son-in-law for a shooting buddy. Not quite what daughter had in mind. :crackup:

Ironman,
Get your daughter hooked to :: then it wont be a problem..otherwise it might be smart to wait until they are married to get him really hooked... :winking:

I have the opposite problem... my daughter loves to shoot and is pretty good at it.. but she is going out with a guy that doesnt care for shooting muzzle loaders :: they are to slow to load :: told her she needed to dump him and find someone that knew what was fun :haha: :blah:

*LOL* Well they came over today and we had a fine time shooting. He is well and truly hooked. Daughter doesnt mind all that much,it gives her an excuse to come home and she knows we will feed them. Did the whole cookout thing while shooting befor and after the food.
Fun was had by all.

IronMan

*LOL* Well they came over today and we had a fine time shooting. He is well and truly hooked. Daughter doesnt mind all that much,it gives her an excuse to come home and she knows we will feed them. Did the whole cookout thing while shooting befor and after the food.
Fun was had by all.

IronMan

That's great, many fathers are not thrilled with their daughter's choise in "boy friends", plus it also gives another message to him: YOU HAVE GUNS AND USE THEM...

That should keep him from getting any ideas... :winking:

My daughter's "boy friends" got nervous because I would always choose the time their together to clean my guns...

I did this backwards, got my father-in-law hooked!!

My daugher-in-law came as a prehooked package with her own hardware!

My son-in-law is too dumb to open a pocket knife by himself, I'm not about to hand him a Muzzle loader.

:results:

Back