• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can I Build This?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for letting me (and Capper) know about Pecatonica earlier in this thread, Zonie. Your high regard for Dick and his company is what compelled me to call him.

I was planning on having him do that work too. I could probably get it done, but i'd hate to mess it up. I have enough worries with getting the wood done right.

Even though this will be my first build. I don't want it to look like it.

Good luck with your build. :thumbsup:

Rice, and most other swamped barrels, come with the breech already fitted and indexed, something to consider when adding up the cost.

I am finding myself in the same position capper. I can't afford a semi custom but can afford a kit from pecatonica river. I haven't decided which kit to get but it's going to be a long barreled flinter for the 1790-1810 time period. I am going to have it pre inletted and may pay them the extra fees to do some of the barrel work. My grandpa's neighbor has built 6 kits from pecatonica and is currently working on a .54 flinter and he said they aren't overly hard if you take your time. Then he said that he has a video showing how to build one of these kits. Plus my dad is familiar with woodwork so I could always get a little help from him.

I am interested in knowing what gun building video your grandfather's friend is referring to. If you happen to find out, please let us know.

It's hard for me to not rush into this, and then i'll regret it.

I'm listening and reading all I can meanwhile.

I got the Traditions Hawken yesterday and it looks pretty good. I'll shoot it today. Hopefully, it will fill in until I get my long rifle built.

Back