• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Canadian Happenings and Other Nastiness

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. You have some very "passionate" discussions going on.
Having traveled quite a bit in Canada, mostly Ontario and to the east I have seen some pretty animated conversations displayed between the Francos and the Anglos, even to the extent of downright meanness in person.

Having traveled quite a bit in Canada, mostly Ontario and to the east I have seen some pretty animated conversations displayed between the Francos and the Anglos, even to the extent of downright meanness in person.

Amen. When I was serving, I found that as we grew older the BS lessened. We might still take and give an occasional hack but it was generally meant to be taken lightly. We'd even refer to ourselves as English Pig Dogs sometimes when on course together. But it seems that until you've been forced to suffer and endure together for a while, some attitudes are hard to give up. And that existed between trades, not just origins.

I've still got strong opinions on the way some things are in this country but that's our system. And good luck effecting change.

Back in the 60's when I was stationed in Maine we used to go to Quebec on the weekends, out of bounds of course! I remember the one weekend when the statues on the Plains of Abraham got blown up, the ones of Wolf of course! They were days I often think back on, some of the guys married girls from up there.

Back in the 60's when I was stationed in Maine we used to go to Quebec on the weekends, out of bounds of course! I remember the one weekend when the statues on the Plains of Abraham got blown up, the ones of Wolf of course! They were days I often think back on, some of the guys married girls from up there.
Nice area. Interesting little corner of the world, from historical, geographic, sociological, colonial, agricultural, economic, linguistic, martial and political perspectives. Most don't realize the effects it has had on the rest of both countries

Screenshot_20240916-193508_Instagram.jpg

Oh yeah, just what we need is another forum to post hate and divisiveness. As if we don't have enough home grown right here. I like Canada and the people up there and wouldn't mind hearing more about their ways but if it means posting and therefore spreading one more word of hate then I'm agin' it. I think if you read some of the previous posts to this topic you'll see which direction it's likely to turn to. I come here to get away from that manure and although I do support this forum with donations I have asked the mods to delete politics from my forums.
Canada YES! Politics NO!

My father and brother were in a club that have rail speeders, railroad work vehicles. They collected/restored them from all eras. They would arrange a run in different places all over the US and Canada. They did a run in the area of the St Lawrence. Beautiful area and stunning pictures.

Don
speed1.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, just what we need is another forum to post hate and divisiveness. As if we don't have enough home grown right here. I like Canada and the people up there and wouldn't mind hearing more about their ways but if it means posting and therefore spreading one more word of hate then I'm agin' it. I think if you read some of the previous posts to this topic you'll see which direction it's likely to turn to. I come here to get away from that manure and although I do support this forum with donations I have asked the mods to delete politics from my forums.
Canada YES! Politics NO!
Two points:
1) It's unjust and incorrect to conflate all political expression with hate and divisiveness.
2) If you're supporting this forum, where's your "MLF Supporter" badge?

Back