• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cannon American Eagle Safe Failed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sturdy Safes in Fresno CA will use a traditional Greeley lock upon request. OR, two locks.

Don't know if the OP got this figured out. I have watched a locksmith apply 9VDC to the two wires that come out of the electronic lock. The safe opened instantly. I do not remember the brand. A locksmith worth his salt will know. Look at Utube videos on the subject.
I purchased a Sturdy Safe from them years ago with a S&G lock. Two BIG guys delivered it and placed it where I wanted total price for delivery was $200 to the Bay area. To me it was a great deal and a great safe. They were a great company to deal with. Ten years ago I needed another safe this time I purchased a Liberty Safe from a dealer that was 12 miles from me and had free delivery on certain model safes - I purchased one and LOVE it. Guaranteed for the life of the original owner. Great deal for sure.

Don’t fool yourself, the analog locks also fail, particularly if ignored and not given proper maintenance. I know of two that required drilling. One in an accounting company, the other at a gun club. Personally prefer the analog type, but they do fail.
What type of maintenance?

Don’t fool yourself, the analog locks also fail, particularly if ignored and not given proper maintenance. I know of two that required drilling. One in an accounting company, the other at a gun club. Personally prefer the analog type, but they do fail.
What type of maintenance?
Analog locks are precision mechanical devices that can fail if not serviced regularly by some that is competent and knows what they are doing. What regularly means depends on the frequency of use and the environment they are in. Over time components become worn, get dirty and lubricants dry out, and if things go south, it usually happens with the door closed and locked, which means drilling open and a lock replacement.

You may not notice changes over time, but after cleaning and lubrication (along with any worn components repaired or replaced), typically you will notice the lock working smoother and easier. And don’t forget the bolts and handle also need some love and care as time passes.

Back