• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can't sight in round balls at all!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to use finger nail polish for the front sight if I need it. It is cheap, comes in a little handy bottle and holds up well. Glad to see you worked things out. :thumbsup:

Good to hear of your progress and nice to see the update.

I have been using the fluorescent paint I use on fishing Jig heads. Stands up very well, easy to apply, dries quick, nice and bright, and good selection of colours. So far fluorescent orange or yellow are the two best all round colours for me.

I want so badly to recommend an excellent technique for finding the most accurate load for your rifle. A "system" has been developed by one of our members that is the best I have ever seen. It is the method that I use. Unfortunately, he asked me to quit recommending it on the forum. I guess I was over doing it. However, he didn't say that I couldn't recommend it in a PM so I will send you his website in a PM. Watch for it.

Billnpatti said:
I want so badly to recommend an excellent technique for finding the most accurate load for your rifle. A "system" has been developed by one of our members that is the best I have ever seen. It is the method that I use. Unfortunately, he asked me to quit recommending it on the forum. I guess I was over doing it. However, he didn't say that I couldn't recommend it in a PM so I will send you his website in a PM. Watch for it.

I know you are a huge fan of Dutch's system and rightly so but if you read the OPs update you will see he is actually already using it. He mentions it specifically.

Your Maxi-Ball results, makes me want to go buy some. I like tight patches. For target shooting, I use a wooden hammer to drive the ball starter, then it will go on down with my heavy range rod. As for hunting, I have to give up a little accuracy with a thinner patch, but that's just for a follow-up shot. I try to make the first shot count, knowing the next one will not be as accurate as the first.

Latest posts

Back