• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Canteen Care

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buenger228

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just bought a copper canteen from Backwoods Tin. It appears to be tinned on the inside and I was wondering what, if anything, I should do to keep it from rusting.

Tin will not rust so you don't need to worry about that. The copper on the outside may oxidize, but that won't cause any problems. The best thing you could do is rinse it well after use, allow it to drain upside down, and store with the cork OUT. Just my 2 cents.....

I like pouring the dirty water out of my barrel on the outside of mine. It's looks 100 years old in about 5 seconds.

Back