• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cap Availability and Prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but everyone is saying it's the cap manufactures that raised the prices etc. Here is my opinion my local Walmart just got in 4000 (40 packs of CCI's they are selling for $5.62 per 100. I get it Walmart likely gets a solid discount by ordering in bulk. But there's no way they are literally selling them for half the price of anyone else, or a third of price on some occasions. Average price when available at other places is $9.99 to $17.99 per 100. This leads me to believe the LGS is either pay 2-3 times the amount for same caps or they are marking them way up knowing they can get there asking price. I shoot mostly flintlocks but still own numerous cap guns and do enjoy shooting them as well. But something is fishy with the way things are with this whole situation. If I was shady I could have bought all 4000 caps and resold for $10 each myself or more but I am not that kind of person.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion, but everyone is saying it's the cap manufactures that raised the prices etc. Here is my opinion my local Walmart just got in 4000 (40 packs of CCI's they are selling for $5.62 per 100. I get it Walmart likely gets a solid discount by ordering in bulk. But there's no way they are literally selling them for half the price of anyone else, or a third of price on some occasions. Average price when available at other places is $9.99 to $17.99 per 100. This leads me to believe the LGS is either pay 2-3 times the amount for same caps or they are marking them way up knowing they can get there asking price. I shoot mostly flintlocks but still own numerous cap guns and do enjoy shooting them as well. But something is fishy with the way things are with this whole situation. If I was shady I could have bought all 4000 caps and resold for $10 each myself or more but I am not that kind of person.
Loss leader. How many of you go in to buy caps and get something else. I don't know how much Walmart pays for the caps but I know my wholesale cost is more than their retail. Our gun club sells them at cost for $11.00
This has been beat to death so here is my final statement on the subject don't accuse or insuate something without all the facts.

Back