• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Capt. Jack Sparrow's Pistol...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEVERS

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, something doesn't seem quite right.

If this story took place in the later part of the 17th and early 18th century, would this pistol be correct?

sbmr-sparrowflintlock1_l.jpg

It reminds me more of a Kentucky pistol from Lymans than anything else...

Comments?

Don't know Capt Jack Sparrow or his story, but this flintlock would be correct for the time period you mentioned. Part octagon, pinned barrel, no nosecap, flared wooden rr, light engraving, probably a mask-type buttcap. Never saw a factory gun look this good.

Just fix the typo. Not 17th-18th century, 1ate 1700s, early 1800s, or 18th-19th century.

Nice looking pistol. And do tell us Jack Sparrow's story.

Could not get a good look at it, in the movie, as it was so quick, and cannot see your pic now.
However, remebering back, he must have changed them at one point, because in one scene it looked like a kentucky-sort-of, and another it looked closer to the period, butI DID notice, that on the dvd advertisement, was a true kentucky pistol with the sword crossing it.
Oh well, it's Disney--lol

DEVERS said:
Well, something doesn't seem quite right.

If this story took place in the later part of the 17th and early 18th century, would this pistol be correct?

sbmr-sparrowflintlock1_l.jpg

It reminds me more of a Kentucky pistol from Lymans than anything else...

Comments?

I wish Lyman would make something that cool!! Even Uberti.

The best part is you can walk underwater with a canoe over your head, come out and the dang thing still fires!!! :rotf:
LMAOROTF!!!

MBS now has quite a line of euro pistol precarves and parts, you could make something very close, matey :haha:

Well the movie is not really the pinnacle of accuracy. The girl calls her support garment a corset, when it should be a stays, as well as many, many other errors. Don't take my word for it...[url] http://www.moviemistakes.com/film3372/page1[/url] . There are over 18 pages of errors of all sorts. :rotf:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back