• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cases for long rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Other than Cabela's does anyone know where to find padded zipperd gun cases for Longrifles with barrels of 44 inches?

To find out why I exclude Cabela's read the negitive comments on their longrifle cases.

:v

I prefer canvas cases and get them from TOW. They're on this page along with a couple of zippered cases such as you describe. I'm betting the 72" version is plenty long for your needs.

Scroll back a page to the general one on cases for lots more options if neither on the first page suit you.

Not a padded zippered case, but I got mine from muzzleloader builders supply. A woven blanket case, that is canvas lined. Suzy has them to fit longrifles.

My son got a very nice, well padded case from Log Cabin Shop that his 36 cal with a 48 inch barrel fits into.I want to get one for myself, just haven't got around to it yet. The case does have a zipper.

I did not see the bad report on the Cabelas rifle cases. I use the Cabelas cases to transport my long rifles. They ride from Wyoming to Txs., Az. NM. Neb. all over the west in these padded cases.

I have never had a problem with this product. I know other full time shooters that use these bags with no problems. I don't think you can find a better case for the money. They have a range rod pocket and a storage pocket as well. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen the padded Cabela's cases yet, but have a Cabela's hard case that will take 2 of my longest rifles; 44" & 42" barrelled flintlocks. It's the case I use for long distance travel. Granted, it takes a lot of room, but never had any dings rendered on my long sweated over longrifles. Have to get 'em out of the case to do that.

I have made cases out of canvas, blanket material, & leather. Leather protects best, but is costly. Blanket material is OK if you don't bang yer rifle too much, but the canvas just keeps dust & minor scratches off.

Latest posts

Back