• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

chairs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapper704

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pattern to make some slat chairs that the seat slides into the back for storage. the long beams are curved on the back and seat part with 1x2s screwed across them. If anyone knows where I can get a pattern, I would appreciate it Thanks trapper

Aside from being totally incorrect for any camp other than modern, these can be dangerous. At a rendevous a few years back, a guy across from our camp attemped to sit down in one of these, putting his hand near the interlock for support, sort of lost his balance a bit, and somehow managed to get his index finger in the scissor type interlock, and it cut it off for him, except for a bit of skin. It was reattached at the hospital. From then on I avoid using such chairs. Especially while drinking, but you do as you wish.

At the Southeastern we dodged hail the size of baseballs and weathered tornadoes that killed 25 people statewide, for two nights.

We throw knives and axes while standing in sensless proximity to the targets.

We shoot guns, bows and the occasional home-made cannon using various projectiles and targets of opprotunity.

We camp in canvas tents with no floors, bugscreens, and often no doors to keep out natures' finest. We survive Lime disease and West Nile Virus just to go out and do it all again the next year. Then we go to sleep with our campfire still burning.

We eat things that are barely identifiable as food, that we brought in nasty haversacks, and prepared with unwashed hands, dropped in the ashes and dusted off twice before we consumed it. We wash it down with coffee made using water we filtered through a dirty sock and boiled in a rusty tin cup.

Now I am supposed to be afraid of my chair!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You're kidding, right?

ghost said:

Be very afraid.

And, when I relate the story of the guy who slipped in the shower and hit his head, you'll have to stop bathing. Doesn't California have a law that requires wearing a helmet in the shower? :haha:

Smoke and Fire has a pattern for the kind of chair you are looking for.
Happy building!

Dale Brown said:
ghost said:

Be very afraid.

And, when I relate the story of the guy who slipped in the shower and hit his head, you'll have to stop bathing. Doesn't California have a law that requires wearing a helmet in the shower? :haha:

When I was in Californy they hed a couple of droughts. Showers were forbidden. Except at the car wash where they recycyled the water. :rotf:

Sorry about the missing link. It was there a while ago. It still appears in the original posting but doesn't work.

When I was in Californy they hed a couple of droughts. Showers were forbidden. Except at the car wash where they recycyled the water.

When that happens we just drive through the car wash with the convertable tops down. :rotf:

Hope this helps.
image100.gif
image101.gif

image102.gif
image105.gif

image104.gif
image103.gif

Latest posts

Back