• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED chamber sealant

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use bore butter in syringes I get either free or buy online cheaply. When I run out of this tube of bore butter I’ll make my own. The finer tip helps deposit just a small amount of lube on top of the ball. Hope this helps.

I use bore butter in syringes I get either free or buy online cheaply. When I run out of this tube of bore butter I’ll make my own. The finer tip helps deposit just a small amount of lube on top of the ball. Hope this helps.
Where might you be located?

I find lubricants like Borebutter and Wonderlube for example run like water here in North Carolina most of the year and not really practical no matter the delivery system.

Shooting in PA, I agree completely. I’m just using up this tube of bore butter then I’ll make my own with more thickness. I just like how clean my revolvers stay when using it but admit I have not shot without it to test.

yes. I folo'd up on that suggestion but the ones I got at a veterinary supply house carry too much internal pressure for the lube to come out easily. I'm going to go to a baking supply house today to see what type of baking gear I can convert into a grease applicator. what size/type syringes are you using?

lp

I’m using these two, one for bore butter and one for Mobil One (arbor grease) the bore butter one is just enough where if I’m careful squeezing it does ok. As stated above, they get runny in warm weather. These are range shooters for me, not carrying (yet). 😀
IMG_3550.jpeg

Try a pinch of cornmeal between powder and ball instead.

Back in the 70s my late father shot percussion revolvers competitively, mostly a Ruger Old Army. His accuracy load was:

• 22 grains of 3Fg
  • A .38 Special case full of cornmeal
  • .457 round ball
He won a lot of shoots.

Latest posts

Back