• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chambers IH finished.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Final assembly today. Ram rod needs finished bit it fits. This is the lite weight 45 rice square cut American heritage barrel. Tracks auqafortis and BC tru oil , 10 coats rubbed back each time with steel wool then rubbing compound on final then paste wax. Trigger pull at 2lb 4oz.

Attachments

• IMG_1603.jpeg
    IMG_1603.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1608.jpeg
    IMG_1608.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1607.jpeg
    IMG_1607.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1605.jpeg
    IMG_1605.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1606.jpeg
    IMG_1606.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1604.jpeg
    IMG_1604.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Well dang, I knew that, but which kit?

My chambers kit arrives in a couple days and I'd love to hear your thoughts and experience.
I believe that's the Isaac Haines. Which Chambers kit are getting? Can't go wrong with the quality and service.

I believe that's the Isaac Haines. Which Chambers kit are getting? Can't go wrong with the quality and service.
Yes, the service so far has been great.

I ordered the early English Sporting Rifle. It will be my new big game hunter. Hope to have it finished in time for 24 season.

I started my order a couple months ago by getting on a wait list. Jim has been having trouble getting the walnut for the stocks. Got the email a couple weeks ago that they had acquired several stocks and I finalized the order.

IH Issac Haines LH Lite weight. Took a year to get it. What weight barrel are you getting, if a B weight you will have so extra work . C and D won’t really be an issue.

Final assembly today. Ram rod needs finished bit it fits. This is the lite weight 45 rice square cut American heritage barrel. Tracks auqafortis and BC tru oil , 10 coats rubbed back each time with steel wool then rubbing compound on final then paste wax. Trigger pull at 2lb 4oz.
That is a beauty and correct handed at that! Very well done, sir! Go forth and enjoy it to the full.

IH Issac Haines LH Lite weight. Took a year to get it. What weight barrel are you getting, if a B weight you will have so extra work . C and D won’t really be an issue.
I ordered a 58. No discussion on barrel weight. It will be an all purpose big game rifle so I went with the big bore. It's also the lightest weight in hand which is a plus in the rockies.

I've had a Chamber left hand Isaac Haines in mind as a smooth rifle for a while now if I build another and have the $. I've built a Chambers PA fowler and love his kits.

Latest posts

Back