• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Charles Daly Muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjf

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Have a chance to get one cheap was just wondering if thier worth much anything.Its a 45 cal. with a slight rusted barrel other then that its decent.

I'd like to see a picture. I brought one (without barrel) which seems to have been made by Investarms, looks a lot like a Cabela's hawken. I can get my lyman, GM, and TC barrels to fit on it.

When I contacted Charles Daly they also said some were of spanish manufacture?

All the Daly muzzleloaders that I have seen were made in Spain. They were all sort of a generic half stock style rifle.

The barrel had made in Italy for Charels Daly on it .It comes with posiables bag with all the supplies(powder measure ,brass flask,short starter ect...)and a leather gun sleve for $150.00.

Pork Chop said:
If the barrel is better than a fence post, that is a DEAL!

Even then, plenty of places to get barrels, GM IBS, TCs, Lyman, Cabela's.

I'll post some pics of mine next to a Lyman and TC hawken next time I have the camera out.

To bad the Charles Daly locks wouldn't interchange with the T/C's.Have an L n R replacement lock for a T/C thats why I havent bought this Charles Daly yet ,working on this flintlock project for now.Could buy this rifle and get a new .45 cal. IBS barrel for it being I dont have a .45 cal. but there goes a couple hundered.

Pork Chop said:
I bet that they are close. Try to see if it will swap when you get it.

One of the differences is the relief/thickness were the snail passes over the lock. To swap some barrels you need to file one or the other.

I'll try a TC lock in my Daly and report back.

Outdoor Sports Headquarters owned the Charles Daly brand from 1976 to 1996. During that time they sold plains style rifles made by Investarms (Italy), imported by Kassnar Imports, AND made by Ardesa (Spain), imported by CVA.

This according to Michael Kassnar, president of KBI, Inc. which now owns Charles Daly.

Back