• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cheek slapper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely correct, and why I suggested standing and being more upright mayr help the OP.

My local club has benches for average size shooters. I get as high as I can but the setup gets wobbly (I need to come up with something better than this) but much higher and the muzzle comes close to the header over the shooting position. My spotting scope in the photo is just under the header. Range is in an urban area, so it's an effort to force everyone to keep the muzzles pointed low, but a bit awkward for taller shooters.

Rifle in the photo is not my cheek slapper, it has a straight and low comb.
Dang how do you shoot offhand with a header that low? I have an adjustable rest but still had to make a box to get it up high enough. Also when shooting an offhand rifle it will be on the rest where my hand would be holding it shooting offhand. If you can't go much higher then maybe make a stool that is lower.

This is not PC but it's removable and fixed this cheek slapper.

Attachments

• IMG_20241022_084142999.jpg
    IMG_20241022_084142999.jpg
    1.3 MB
Back