• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Christmas treats

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Britsmoothy said:
Excellent.
What hoops licence wise do you guys suffer regards a flintlock rifle?

B :hatsoff:

Nice hunt!

In AZ we can hunt any none big game animal with any flintlock anytime(in season) Rabbits can be hunted 365 days a year with anything from a slingshot (or a hawk, an air rifle or any bp gun) up to a .50BMG with a limit of 10 per day. Been aloong time since I got more than a few, in the day we could limit out. May be makin a come back, lotta coyote callin contests up north here lately.

We used to have rabbit plagues. You could literally walk around with a stick and a flashlight and be worn out in minutes. Kept a lot of people fed during the great depression.

I remember as a young man with a 22 going through two boxes of bullets off the one fence post. Not nearly as thick as they used to be due to various flea born viruses being introduced to reduce the numbers. I think that they are more fun to hunt than shoot in their hundreds.

Back