• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Civil War Guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeetabop

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Could someone answer my question on which magazine has articles on Civil War percussion rifles, pistols? I'm a Enfield guy and it is hard to find stuff on them. Thanks.

I have a list of resources relating to the Enfield Rifle on my web site. Won;t necessarily be easy to find, but it will give a starting point. There are some on-line resources there.

David

I went back and visited your website again and the links to see if I have missed anything. Again, very informative and good reading. My problem is I have the 1858 2 band naval version and most info is on the 3 band 1853 version. As you know, different barrel length and twist. Info on the naval version is very sparse. From my public library I have ordered a couple of the books you recommend and they were a great source of history and facts I didn't know about the gun.

Skeetabop - Check the N-SSA BB - they allow non-members to ask questions, and you will get a flood of answers back - many devotees of the 2 band Enfield there. The Skirmish Line also recently had a couple of good articles on Enfields, both history and shooting. If you can't find copies locally, PT me and I'll try to find mine and send you copies.

M

I shoot a 2 band 'Enfield', although it is a commercial version made in 1866, but similar specs. to the P/58 Naval Rifle or P/60 Short Rifle.

What are you looking for, historical information or shooting or a bit of both?

David

Thanks to both of you. I keep my eye on the N-SSA forum and drool at the guns they have for sale. I always look at the forum and forgot they have a website. Thanks for the offer, I'll see if I can get the past copy or I will get back to you.
Yes, I'm interested in anything that has to do with the gun, historical or shooting info.

there is a website I frequent called[url] www.civilwarguns.com[/url] .You will enjoy it.One of the gentlemen who moderates the site wrote a book .I bought it and consider it the difinitive work on civil war weapons.it has sections on smoothbores,rifled muskets,breechloaders,revolvers ect.Best regards,J.A.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Aubrey said:
there is a website I frequent called[url] www.civilwarguns.com[/url] .You will enjoy it.One of the gentlemen who moderates the site wrote a book .I bought it and consider it the difinitive work on civil war weapons.it has sections on smoothbores,rifled muskets,breechloaders,revolvers ect.Best regards,J.A.

i have joe bilby's book too. it's excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back