• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Clairton woods walk shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melsdad

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I made it to my first Muzzloader shoot today. I went to the Clairton Sportsmans Club's woods walk. I am so glad I made it, the guys there were all very nice, and I learned a few things from them as well. (Thanks again for the flint Terry) I didn't shoot to well, but I don't think I did terrible either. One thing is for sure, I had a great time. After the shoot there was a nice Dutch oven of chili cooking over the fire, and man was it delicious. I am looking forward to next months shoot.

Brian

I'm gonna have to try to make it up there this season. Looks like a great place to shoot.

Hank in WV said:
I'm gonna have to try to make it up there this season. Looks like a great place to shoot.

Hank,

You won't be disappointed. Woodswalk is a great way to spend a morning/day.

Mel,

What kind of targets were you shooting, ie....breakable, steel, plastic bottles, aluminum cans etc??

Salt

The targets were mostly steel plates. there were a few others like, cut the feather in half, cut a popcicle in half, split the ball on the axe head and break 2 clay birds with one shot. All in all it was a great time.

Old Salt said:
It sounds like the club put some good effort into the event.

Salt

Yes they did, in my opinion. And did I mention the food. They had a dutch oven full of the best chili I have ever had cooking over the fire :bow: . There were also sloppy joe's, but I couldn't get past the chili.

They seem to be improving the course on a regular basis. I was glad to be a part of the shoot.

Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you had a good time. We try to make everyone feel welcome. Lots of talking, joking, eating and shooting. All in all, just trying to have a great time.

Hank in WV and OldSalt - Everyone is welcome. We shoot the 1st Sunday of every month. Check out our website for directions. Bring your friends along. We have different events each month. One of the favorites (when we have enough shooters) is a 200 yard 50/50 shoot.

We are adding new targets all the time. This last shoot we had new ones I didn't know we had.
http://www.powderpatchandball.com

Check out the menu link on the main page. Lots of good eats.

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back