• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Classified sales????????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackfoot

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Ok I must have missed somethimg here but why can't we have / use the classified section on this forum?

Blackfoot said:
Ok I must have missed somethimg here but why can't we have / use the classified section on this forum?
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/192018[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
and somewhere in California and man's head is about to explode. :rotf:

I can't wait, I have tons of stuff to sell.

Blackfoot said:
Ok I must have missed somethimg here...?

Checking both "Forum Announcements" and "Using the Forum" can be helpful. The "General Muzzleloading" category would not have this information.
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/192026[/url]/

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the time to check every forum on any site.

hangfiretx said:
What do you have to sell?

This should have been asked via Private Topic to Slowpoke...

In the future please address all enquiries privately, not on the open forum...

Musketman said:
hangfiretx said:
What do you have to sell?

This should have been asked via Private Topic to Slowpoke...

In the future please address all enquiries privately, not on the open forum...

OK, I've got to speak up here, because I'm really confused.
I understand that the rules say we can't place "for sale" ads in the forum. I understand that at some future date, undetermined, we will again have a classified area. I will abide by these rules.
However.
I will be looking for some gear once uncle sugar gets me my refund back. Hopefully a new to me rifle as well. I'd much rather this money go to one of my fellow enthusiasts here at MLF than some unknown snapperhead from gunbroker or auctionarms. (Or ebay, for that matter) With no way to know who has what for sale, or who wants to purchase what, it really crimps our style here.
What are we to do? Help us out here Claude! Musketman? Anybody?

Brokenlaig said:
However.
I will be looking for some gear once uncle sugar gets me my refund back. Hopefully a new to me rifle as well. I'd much rather this money go to one of my fellow enthusiasts here at MLF than some unknown snapperhead from gunbroker or auctionarms. (Or ebay, for that matter) With no way to know who has what for sale, or who wants to purchase what, it really crimps our style here.
What are we to do? Help us out here Claude! Musketman? Anybody?

I know it is next to impossible to find out who has what for sale without coning right out and asking, but the forum does have existing rules and we moderator's have extra rules as well to follow...

If the "I have this for sale" or the "Do you have that for sale" were allowed, then the threads would become very cluttered and worse, if someone was to do a search and found a post with items for sale that were sold a year ago more go, then there would be even more confusion when the seller would have to repost to every bidder that the item is gone...

We staff members are in the same boat as you, we don't have a classified ads section either...

Speaking for myself, I have no idea as to the implied difficulties involved in getting the Classifieds up and running.

But with that said, how do other much lesser (traffic) ML sites seem to all have a section to sell in?

TANSTAAFL said:
Speaking for myself, I have no idea as to the implied difficulties involved in getting the Classifieds up and running.

But with that said, how do other much lesser (traffic) ML sites seem to all have a section to sell in?

There is a difference between having one and having one that is compatible with the forum's system...

When we upgraded, the old classified ads format became somewhat obsolete and would not suit our needs, it's the same as upgrading your home computer and your older programs won't work properly because the new system doesn't recognize the outdated script...

TANSTAAFL said:

The link below was posted in the "Using the Forum" section to address this issue, so the members will better understand the reasoning.
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/192026/[/url]

TANSTAAFL said:

The above link will explain why I refuse to use a method that doesn't meet my standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back