• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cleanest powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not knocking the subs, I just feel if shooting a traditional rifle, use the traditional stuff. Swiss cleans best, but Goex is OK, too, and American made.

I clean all modern guns when I'm through shooting as well. Just good practice!

I think the best way to find out if anyone sells it locally is to get on the phone and start calling. When you've gone through all the sporting good stores in the phone book, then you'll know either way. I did this a few years ago when all my favorite stores quit stocking it, and found a place about 40 miles away that had it. But now-a-days I just get it from Powder Inc. Cheaper that way.

Between Swiss and Goex, I've found that Swiss is the cleaner burning, for real black powder. Bill

Back