• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cleaning Kibler Woodsrunner?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I just purchased a prestine kibler woodsrunner, almost too pretty to shoot. wanted to know what's everyone's approach to cleaning woods runner. the barrel is pinned in and I assume I'd have to remove the barrel etc. I've cleaned many other BP rifles...

I remove the lock, push a tooth pick tightly into the vent, and fill the barrel with room temperature water. Let set for a while and dump out. Swab with a couple patches and repeat. Swab again and then swab with a couple alcohol patches. One or two more with WD-40 and one with Rig.

You don't need to remove the barrel to clean the rifle, just the lock. Instructions in post above. Except I use Ballistol instead of WD-40. If you happen to get some water in the barrel channel, blow it out with compressed air.

However, maybe you might want to occasionally, say once a year or so, to remove the barrel to clean and oil the underside, to continue protecting it from corrosion.

So I just purchased a prestine kibler woodsrunner, almost too pretty to shoot. wanted to know what's everyone's approach to cleaning woods runner. the barrel is pinned in and I assume I'd have to remove the barrel etc. I've cleaned many other BP rifles...
Since I normally use Simple Green detergent for patch lube. Then it’s a no brainer to use it to clean the bore also. Push a toothpick into the touch hole, and pour some tepid water into the bore, slosh back and forth. Then dump it out. Remove tooth pic, then dry patch the bore till clean and dry. Wet patch with detergent and Repeat if necessary. Oil the bore with your preferred product. This methodology works with most greasy or oil based lubes too. BJH

Back