• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Close encounter with the Bucky kind..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great video Swampy. :thumbsup:
I couldn't get it to play the other day but it works fine now. :idunno:

Today was a bust, had to go talk to Doc about my MRI results on my shoulder today, kinda blew the whole day.

Going through my records, my best hunting from anywhere over the years, not just R.I but Maine, Vermont and N.Y included, has been the 10th to the 20th. So if history is correct, Swampy might get to burn some powder this week. :thumbsup:

Well darn, thought tonight was the night. The twins came through at 4:20 followed close by the 3 point (hes lookin bigger and bigger every day), followed by two Does...was hoping one more was following behind but nothing came out before dark.... :idunno:

I had the 3 point come by in the drizzle at 3:30 and boy did he give me a show...got a full 20 minutes of video of him just milling around. At one point I watched him walk over to an area of fallen yellow beech leaves and he picked one up at a time and chewed em up, he ate quite a few before moving on.....

Hes really pushing his luck lol, the 3rd video posted here would have been a great flintlock shot caught on video which is what I'm trying to do but I keep passing on this guy. Hes standing at roughly 45 yards away...

3 point video one

3 point video two

3 point video three

Soon as you decide you're gonna shoot him all you'll see is a white flag a flyin'. He knows you ain't ready to tag him yet.

Was just telling BB, I missed last hunting season and it sucked big time. :( So even though it hasn't been the easiest thing to do (my arm is killing me) I've thoroughly enjoyed my time in the woods this year and I'm in no hurry to fill tags, I know they'll come, no worrys.

Only problem is, I have been trying to capture the perfect flinter shot on video and I just passed on a great opportunity. :haha: :youcrazy:

That was a good chance but it wasn't "perfect". Now, if he was his grand-daddy... then it woulda been perfect. :thumbsup:

Never tried to video a hunt and can't imagine how I could manage it. Didn't know until now that you are trying it Swampy. That was some good footage and I hope you get a shot on "tape" to share with us! Don't forget to put the camera upwind of your rifle if there's a breeze! :haha:

Skychief :thumbsup:

Lure 'em in like Roundball, shoot 'em while they are fixed on how purty your rifle is (works on bucks and does for him).

steve

I know you will gitter done!! I have one request, since my computer does not want to show me your videos, Don't forget to post a good picture!

Good Luck!

Saw a sad sight tonight....

Four sad dejected lost souls, four button bucks came through at 4:10 tonight. :haha: In a line roaming aimlessly eating leaves. Their momma's gave them the boot it appears. Of course I forgot to recharge my camera last night and didn't take it with me but they were on top of me so fast I don't think I could have turned it on anyway. Still and interesting sight for sure. :thumbsup:

Getting worried, have not seen a Doe in several days now...

Welp, hangin my rifle up...

I have one week left to fill my either sex tag, the antlerless tags are good into Dec/Jan but only a week left to get a buck. I've been bumping into them relatively close, so I decided to load up the smoothbore and see what happens this week. :thumbsup:

REPORT Rhode Island 3point..just spotted in Missouri..western Missouri...and travelin fast....
. :rotf:
go get him Swampy! film at 11! :hatsoff:

Those hardwoods and all of the leaves on the ground are just too neat looking. I think I should plan a hunt in the hardwoods sometime in the future. Enjoyed the videos very much! Hope to see more from you real soon.

Back