• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CO leftover lic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep got my two # picked out! One is just down the road on private land. The owners son works at the PO in boncarbo and is going to let us hunt on their property if we draw!

Unit 140 is going to be my first choice though as it looks great.

Pritty sure we can't get them until Aug 12th
correct me if I am wrong because I am hoping for a third season cow.

Did you notice that internet lic sales are held off one day from the initial sale date?

Maybe my memory is slipping but seems like that is new this year :confused:

There are quite a few tags close to home for me!

can not wait on that, i am usually bright and early in my local wm on the first day of the sales.
my leftover choices are quite tin this yer, so i'll have to be there early.
good luck to all of you.

Remember the days when we had to go down to 6060 broadway and draw an arm band number and then wait! :( Maybe they didn't do that on the western slope?

Once I lucked out and got one of only two leftover antelope tags. Another time I hung around for three hours to buy a cow tag and there were still a ton of them left a week later! :haha:

i work 6 blocks north from the dow offices, once went early to get leftover tag and was stopped by the train for it seemed hours. once i've got there tags that i wanted were gone and it was only 9:10am. :cursing:

i work 6 blocks north from the dow offices, once went early to get leftover tag and was stopped by the train for it seemed hours. once i've got there tags that i wanted were gone and it was only 9:10am.

The train traffic in that area nutty Guess I'll keep going over the list and decide if chancing it and buying the day after the sale starts will work.

Another year I and a buddy drove to Hot Sulphur Springs to buy tags and avoid the crowds. We got em ok but probably could have bought those the next day too.

over lunch today i talked to 3 nice female officers from the western slope who were visiting- they are expecting leftovers to go fast since the numbers of limited licenses were lower this year in so many good areas and a lot of people are tagless.

Well, that's good to know in advance!

There are quite a few ML tags left over if one wants to try a new area, etc. My archery deer tag qualifies as an additional so I could go with one of the left over ml tags in a close in area for a day hunt or two.

Did not apply for the ml season this year because a new granddaughter is due by appt on the friday before opening day. Not about to miss that! :)

Still have the option of ml for my first rifle season elk-only cow tag and for my regular rifle buck antelope tag so smoke will be made!!

i've got ml deer, will get 1st rifle for cow too, and have either sex for the 4th. i've already picked deer leftover, so i am set for the year.
congrats on your best catch of the year, it must be nice enjoying them without waking up or changing dipers!!

Back