• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cobb Creek closing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seamus

36 Cal.
Reaction score
In case you haven't heard. I copied this from Kathy's post on their Facebook page.

Cobb Creek Merchants

·

ANNOUNCEMENT--Greetings living history friends. I am planning that Cobb Creek Merchants to be closed by July 2025 at the latest. I'll provide more news after knowing the final date. However, there is still time to set up special clothing to be made by our talented seamstresses. You can also choose from our shrinking inventory. To help your hunt I will be posting items on here for sale. I'll also give early notice when I will stop taking orders. Also since I have given up trying to be both rich and famous at this work, please pardon the new prices which are to cover the rising prices of fabric and buttons. That said if I do not have the item or the fabric in stock for what you want I will be having you go to my fabric website and order your own fabric and have it sent to me to have your item made. I will still have the store here until I close and you are always welcome if you are in the area. Also in these closing months, please join me in acknowledging my talented seamstresses Karen Piercy, Deanna Piercy and Sandy Thomas. I would also like to include Joyce Owens and Ina Piercy who also sewed for me for countless years earlier. Without these ladies, there would be no Cobb Creek Merchants. A huge thanks to all of them for their dedication in putting out period-correct and quality historical apparel and hanging in there through the tough times. Without these ladies, there would be no Cobb Creek Merchants. Also, I want to thank all of my customers for all your business and friendships throughout these 35 years. So many of you are family now and I cherish those relationships more than you will ever know. Your friendships got me through the most heartfelt trials of my life-losing my best friend, inspiration and husband, Master Coppersmith Larry Ring and later my mom. I turned 77 years old in May and in my heart I knew it was time. This has been one of the hardest decisions of my life. Having to make it on my own was even tougher. Remember-we still have a lot of time left to do orders and please I know how rumors get started-let folks know it is coming but we are not out of business yet and look forward to helping all the gentlemen out there with your 18th century clothing needs. Then again you do not have to be a gentleman--just a good guy-then again just a guy loving our hobby and wanting to look the part. Your most humble servant, Kathy

In case you haven't heard. I copied this from Kathy's post on their Facebook page.

Cobb Creek Merchants

·

ANNOUNCEMENT--Greetings living history friends. I am planning that Cobb Creek Merchants to be closed by July 2025 at the latest. I'll provide more news after knowing the final date. However, there is still time to set up special clothing to be made by our talented seamstresses. You can also choose from our shrinking inventory. To help your hunt I will be posting items on here for sale. I'll also give early notice when I will stop taking orders. Also since I have given up trying to be both rich and famous at this work, please pardon the new prices which are to cover the rising prices of fabric and buttons. That said if I do not have the item or the fabric in stock for what you want I will be having you go to my fabric website and order your own fabric and have it sent to me to have your item made. I will still have the store here until I close and you are always welcome if you are in the area. Also in these closing months, please join me in acknowledging my talented seamstresses Karen Piercy, Deanna Piercy and Sandy Thomas. I would also like to include Joyce Owens and Ina Piercy who also sewed for me for countless years earlier. Without these ladies, there would be no Cobb Creek Merchants. A huge thanks to all of them for their dedication in putting out period-correct and quality historical apparel and hanging in there through the tough times. Without these ladies, there would be no Cobb Creek Merchants. Also, I want to thank all of my customers for all your business and friendships throughout these 35 years. So many of you are family now and I cherish those relationships more than you will ever know. Your friendships got me through the most heartfelt trials of my life-losing my best friend, inspiration and husband, Master Coppersmith Larry Ring and later my mom. I turned 77 years old in May and in my heart I knew it was time. This has been one of the hardest decisions of my life. Having to make it on my own was even tougher. Remember-we still have a lot of time left to do orders and please I know how rumors get started-let folks know it is coming but we are not out of business yet and look forward to helping all the gentlemen out there with your 18th century clothing needs. Then again you do not have to be a gentleman--just a good guy-then again just a guy loving our hobby and wanting to look the part. Your most humble servant, Kathy
Kathy is a lady in every sense of the word, and a joy to work with.
Alas, the unhappy dwindling away of quality products continues 😔

Wow, one of my favorite business and favorite people to deal with in this endeavor, this is going to be a rough loss to make up for.

I do wish Kathy all the best though, she's a wonderful person.

Back