• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

collecting pigeon.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marmotslayer said:
We have the Eurasian Collared Doves here in CO. The are similar in size to pigeons. No closed season, no limit, no license required.

If they aren't in Maine yet, just wait a bit.!

I know there are differences but I only shot them DURING Morning dove season, for fear of shooting a morning dove while hunting Eurasian Collared Doves, one mistake and you've broken a game law.

If they want these hunted year round, I think they need to work a deal.

Something like: $25 fine, no points taken for each MD taken out of season, while hunting ECD.
Enough to make sure you watch what your doing, but small enough that you will still risk it to hunt the Eurasian Collared Doves.

Collared doves here are considered part of the 15 bird limit for doves during regular dove season.
The only place I see them is in subdivisions. I've never killed one on my dove field.

Britsmoothy said:
Do you guys have to check in with everything? :td:

B :(
If you mean with the game wardens it varies from state to state. In the state of Kansass the wardens have the power to do warrantless searches (checks) on you for compliance with game laws. Here you also have to buy an additional migratory bird tag to hunt doves.

Oh, and Happy Birthday. :hatsoff:

If no one checked on our hunting, there wouldn't be anything left to hunt. Sorry to say it but there are lots of so-called hunters here doing lots of illegal stuff. :td:

Back