• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Coned muzzle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished the cone job on my .54 GPR flintlock.
I must say that I am impressed with Joe Wood's coning tool. It is very well made and a breeze to use. Not to mention, Joe is a real nice guy and is VERY willing to help in any way he can.
The only problem I had was my tap handle wouldn't hold the coning tool shaft. I filed a flat onto the coning tool shaft to give my tap handle something to hold onto. It was good to go from there.

HD

I too had to file the round shaft into a square shaft so that the tap handle would hold ont it. Now I have a coning tool that will cone everything from 25 cal to 75 cal! I got the from Bookie, it's a great tool. I had it made by a friend of mine in his machine shop. It has 7 collers for the different bore sizes ad it taplers from 75 cal sown to 25 cal in 8 inches with 2 inch shaft on top. The shaft has a 1/4 inch hole in the shaft at the top to accommidate the 1/4 rod with which to turn it. I've used it several times, works great with no complaints.

Ive about gone blind looking thru links for that tool how about some help please? Much Thanks Fred :hatsoff:

The Firelock Shop (Joe Wood) has a new e-mail address: [email protected]. The old address will work for awhile though.

Thanks for the compliments, fellers. I do enjoy meeting and visiting with y'all and try to make a high quality tool.

Joe Wood

The Firelock Shop (Joe Wood) has a new e-mail address: [email protected]. The old address will work for awhile though.

Thanks for the compliments, fellers. I do enjoy meeting and visiting with y'all and try to make a high quality tool.

Joe Wood
Hi My Wood
Can you send me information on how to purchase a 45 Caliber Coning tool?
Thank you
Jesse Kelley

Back