• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Correct behavior?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big John

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just finished our snowshoe biathlon,planned 1yr. in advance.Had fifty shooters and many more onlookers that enjoyed the day.Twenty five volunteers helped so that the contestants could have a great time.Due to abnormally warm weather in the east this year we had to carry the snowshoes. One guy comes after he was notified by phone, drives two hours and complains that I don't have snow and curses our club. I attend many shoots and never have objected to shoot rules, and if I didn't like the rules, I wouldn't attend, not come and curse the host club. Maybee it's me?

You should know better than to not have snow in January. :nono:

I like your idea of making them pack the snowshoes along for the shoot. The "old ones" had to adapt or perish. Should have told your buddy to be thankful it wasn't raining. :grin:

Is the saying "Cowboy up and kwitcherbitchen" period correct?

Big JOHN, It's not you! seems there's one of them whiners at about every shoot, I get a couple when it rains the weekend our club has it's shoot, really hard to hold yer tongue, but I consider all the good folk involved in this sport and it more than makes up for the few!! keep up the good work! RC :hatsoff:

I offered the guy to walk the course for free,with no snowshoes, or carry mine, but it wouldn't count toward the scores since everyone else carried thiers, he declined. And to note, last year it rained all day and nobody complained! And by the way it iwas a Primitive Biathlon,you take what comes along! Go figure.

What distance is your biathlon and how many stations? It sounds like great fun but then I live in SoCal so I don't snowshoe much=never. Camp Pendleton has a mud run every year. As for gripers, I don't waste time trying to understand irrational behavior. Just be glad they live 2 hours away. :applause:

Hey John, dont let one whiner ruin a great time! As usual your gang put on a good time, lots of friendly faces and good natured kidding etc. I throughly enjoyed the shooting and got to learn a lot from the seasoned veterans. I cant see how anyone could complain about the event.

Maybe he should have checked the weather conditions before he commited to play

He only drove two hours and he still complained? what a wus! between babysitters,stopping for breakfast & getting lost ,we took 4 hours but still had a great time - even without the snow! I remeber we carried our shoes at dalton biathlon 2 yrs ago. you can't control the weather (or jerks either).

Maybe the next time this fella shows up at a shoot - the range officer needs to tell him that it's "tote your lodge day" or "carry your castiron day" ... that should shut him up :shocked2:

Only "athlon" I ever did was the Guernsey Tri "athlon" where you had to run 13.1 miles in 13.1 hours and drink 13.1 (english )pints of beer. It was good training to be a muzzle loader in later years!!

As many here have already pointed out, ignore the whiner, like many a pork eater, he never would have survived a season back in the day. Just look at him as entertainment, and think of his bones scatter trailside, a warning that Mother Nature can be a harsh mistress and suffers fools not!

grin.gif

CP

Latest posts

Back