• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

crockett 32

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navaho

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to put adjustable sights on their Tradition crockets rifles? I have a GM barel in 32 with adjustables and I really like it a little better. My Tradition is a neat gun but would like to have some more adjustment them moving sight over and filing sights. Thanks for your help.

I understand what you are saying. But, I have changed all my guns that had adjustable sights to fixed sights. Once they are set, they are set. I have had sloppy adj. sights give me a problem.

cketnavaho, just recently replaced the original sights on my crockett with a lyman metric set. front is a post and bead,the rear a folding leaf ajustable for elevation. you still have to drift for windage. once set they work like fi xed sights and seem to be a bit kinder to aging eyes. check with lyman or totw.

Ric, i Have a set of lymans but they seem to be too big. the lyman rear is part number 3161068 & front is 3030044. Are these the ones you used. I am looking at a set kinda like on the T/C Hawkins. The rear has several Dovetails that if needed you can modify and the front I am thinking can also be motified. File away and if I mess up at least maybe I will have learned something.

Are you still looking for sights? Check out Dixie gun works
at:

Dixie gun works TC style sights.

They got a set that is universal. It has several different sized pieces to fit the different dove tails.

Dixie gun works rear sights

EB1208.gif

Went to range today, at 25 yards all touching, at 50 less than an inch. They work!!!

navaho, sorry for the delay in responding but i was gone for a week. the part numbers for the ones i used are 3090117 for the rear and 3090118 for the front or3090106 as acombo set. these are metric and used for lymans but fit some traditions and maybe some cvas as well.

Latest posts

Back