• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

crockett and wife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better watch out, a buddy at the range bought one
and let his girl friend shoot it at a match before he even got to try it out, It ended up being a wedding present. :rotf: :rotf:

Hi aquebus, it is the Illawarra pistol club range, at Bass point (about 30 klm's south of Wollongong,New south Wales).Have you been there?

Women are usually better shooters than men. They have a softer touch. We tend to pull the trigger more manly and they softly squeeze the trigger. Their easier approach make them good shooters, even as rookies.

My wife stole my Sig 40 for her carry gun. Poor fool that ever makes her use it.

As a matter of fact, yes I have! Shot in a NSW Lever Action Championships there on the way home to Adelaide after shooting in the Nationals in Brisbane, Qld. must have been 1984 or so. Used to know a guy at Illawara named Greg Buchanan but think he moved up north a bit later, also knew Danny Booth (now deceased) who was a member there & a good gunsmith. Thanks for replying, brings back good memories!

Just two observations:

1) I did not realize the Crockett was such a large rifle (or your wife is little).

2) I noticed she was not wearing eye protection, you sure don't want any mishaps harming her eyes. Or, was she just posing for the picture? :confused:

Hi Oldwolf-Wife isnt little (about 5ft 7ins)the crockett is a longish rifle (but light and nicely balanced).Well spotted about the eye protection (cant get away with anything around here!!! :winking: )She was just posing for that picture and had eye protection when shooting-best regards zodd

Zodd - Glad to know that was a poser photo. Your wife is a pretty little thing and sure wouldn't want any thing bad happening to her.

Best regards,
O/W

Oh, I forgot to ask. What kind of lead balls do use in your Crockett? I am trying to figure out if I can use buckshot in one. #O I think it would be?

Zodd,
Your a very lucky man there!Lovely looking woman and a great Rifle too. :hatsoff:

Thought I would sign back up and say we are down to one Crockett right now. Sitting at home last night wiping down guns and inspecting for rust. Cocked one of the Crocketts, and there was a loud crack, ping, whack.

When the dust cleared and I gathered my wits, it turns out the main spring broke when I pulled back the hammer. Don't know how it managed to do it, but one of the pieces blew up and out, taking the wood above the forward action bolt. Found the extra piece of spring, but still haven't found the chunk of wood. Stuff was flying all over the place. Will call Traditions on Monday, but I'm not too happy. My wife isn't bothered. All she said was "glad that was your rifle and not mine."

I did the same thing for my wife this summer, took her shooting and after 3 sessions she requested that I make her a 45 cal percussion with a 31 inch barrel. YeeeHaa, I get to make another rifle! Only one down fall.... somehow giggling on the firing line seems out of place, but it always makes me laugh and feel proud when she finishes 1st in the wimmins shoot at the club. Some of the ladies are very good shots and regulary beat some of the guys. Herray for having a wife that likes the same hobbie as ME! See ya later, gotta go put on the underlugs on that rifle.
Trapper

Back