• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Custom Lancaster Engraved / Silver Mounted .54 cal. Flintlock Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic shooter

Decades of bringing worthy orig. ML back to life
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Gorgeous engraved & silver mounted Lancaster style flintlock, custom built in the 70's by L.Poole & A.W. Lenhart,
two of Oregon's most respected custom gunmakers & competitive shooters.

The rifle's frizzen face indicates it may have been fired but the wood & metal surfaces show no signs of wear or ding & is in perfect operating condition.
The finely tuned lock produces a shower of sparks & barrel is equipped with a touch hole liner for fast ignition.
Photo shows the barrel's exceptionally slick mirror bore that is free of any reamer marks, this combined with it's more traditional .014 deep rifling to grip PRB is capable of producing superb accuracy.
*I have measured the bore & will be happy to recommend proper ball diameter & patch thickness to new caretaker & include the bore lube & recipe I have used for past 50 years.

Priced at just $2,650 plus actual USPO shipping & insurance, payment by USPO money order prefered.
No trades please, I'm 82 & this is my last rifle.
Note; This rifle will ship well protected in the custom hard case shown in photos.

RIFLE SPECS;
Weight; 8lbs & well balanced.
OAL; 51"
LOP; 14"
Barrel; 35" long with 8 groove & .014 deep rifling, one turn in 60" with deep crowned muzzle for easy loading.

Triggers; double-set by North Star.
Thanks for looking,
feel free to PM me with any questions.
Relic shooter

Attachments

• Poole-Lenhart feature F-V photos 2.jpg
    Poole-Lenhart feature F-V photos 2.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Poole-Lenhart feature F-V photos 3.jpg
    Poole-Lenhart feature F-V photos 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Poole-Lenhart closeup patchbox area.jpg
    Poole-Lenhart closeup patchbox area.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Poole-Lenhart rifle, member ID photo.jpg
    Poole-Lenhart rifle, member ID photo.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Bore photo .54 cal. L.Poole-A.W.Lenhart.jpg
    Bore photo .54 cal. L.Poole-A.W.Lenhart.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 0
  • P&L .54 cal. Muzzle photo.jpg
    P&L .54 cal. Muzzle photo.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Poole-Lenhart rifle, fitted shipping container.jpg
    Poole-Lenhart rifle, fitted shipping container.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What kind of lock did the makers use or did they build their own?
William I used to shoot with the builders back in the 70s-80s & don't recall them ever
building the locks or triggers on any of their guns.
It's been too many years since I was building but believe this is either a Siler or Davis lock.
Possibly a 'younger' forum member can use the picture I posted to put a positive identity on the lock maker.
Thanks for looking,
Chuck

I used to stumble about in those environs in the 70's and 80's.
looking at that lock with blurred vision, i would guess it is a Doc Haddaway lock. I have a couple and just can't make myself put them in a build to sell. hard time finding them. put one in a pistol i built from wood my Late Late father and i milled in the late 70's in Salem.

I used to stumble about in those environs in the 70's and 80's.
looking at that lock with blurred vision, i would guess it is a Doc Haddaway lock. I have a couple and just can't make myself put them in a build to sell. hard time finding them. put one in a pistol i built from wood my Late Late father and i milled in the late 70's in Salem.

Thanks for input, you could be right on ID of the lock ?
Very fast & smooth operating & produces a shower of sparks.
The semi-modern barrel in this rifle is best I've seen in years, has much deeper rifling @.014 and none of the reamer chatter marks seen in bores of many modern mfg barrels.
Wish I was 20 years younger it would be a keeper for big game & competition, the rear sight is set forward enough to provide a sharp sight & target picture for vintage eyes..

Gorgeous engraved & silver mounted Lancaster style flintlock was custom built in the 70's by L.Poole & A.W. Lenhart,

The rifle's frizzen face indicates it has been fired but the wood & metal surfaces show no signs of wear or ding & is in perfect operating condition.
The finely tuned lock produces a shower of sparks & barrel is equipped with a touch hole liner for fast ignition, combined
with the rifle's mirror bore & deeper rifling should produce superb accuracy.

Priced at just $2,650 plus actual USPO shipping & insurance, payment by USPO money order prefered.
Note; Rifle will ship well protected in the custom hard case shown in photos.
RIFLE SPECS;
OAL; 51"
LOP; 14"
Barrel; 35" long. 8 groove with .014 deep rifling, one turn in 60" with deep crowned muzzle for easy loading.
Thanks for looking,
Relic shooter
TTT

Gorgeous engraved & silver mounted Lancaster style flintlock was custom built in the 70's by L.Poole & A.W. Lenhart,

The rifle's frizzen face indicates it has been fired but the wood & metal surfaces show no signs of wear or ding & is in perfect operating condition.
The finely tuned lock produces a shower of sparks & barrel is equipped with a touch hole liner for fast ignition, combined
with the rifle's mirror bore & deeper rifling should produce superb accuracy.

Note; Rifle will ship well protected in the custom hard case shown in photos.
RIFLE SPECS;
OAL; 51"
LOP; 14"
Barrel; 35" long. 8 groove with .014 deep rifling, one turn in 60" with deep crowned muzzle for easy loading.
Thanks for looking,
Relic shooter
TTT

Gorgeous engraved & silver mounted Lancaster style flintlock, custom built in the 70's by L.Poole & A.W. Lenhart,

The rifle's frizzen face indicates it may have been fired but the wood & metal surfaces show no signs of wear or ding & is in perfect operating condition.
The finely tuned lock produces a shower of sparks & barrel is equipped with a touch hole liner for fast ignition.
Photo shows the barrel's exceptionally slick mirror bore that is free of any reamer marks, this combined with it's more traditional .014 deep rifling to grip PRB is capable of producing superb accuracy.
*I have measured the bore & will be happy to recommend proper ball diameter & patch thickness to new caretaker & include the bore lube & recipe I have used for past 50 years.

Note; This rifle will ship well protected in the custom hard case shown in photos.

RIFLE SPECS;
OAL; 51"
LOP; 14"
Barrel; 35" long with 8 groove & .014 deep rifling, one turn in 60" with deep crowned muzzle for easy loading.

Thanks for looking,
Relic shooter
TTT

Back