• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kicks like a MULE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2cents is that it is more of a carry lots & shoot little vs 60 shots in a few days. Mr Newton won’t be cheated his due. The fun of that rifle will be a long hunt and not being too tired to take that one needed shot. Again, just my opinion.
I agree with WGANZ shoot less in each time frame and get back to the range another day. 2 cents!

Finished my Tenn. rifle with an A weight Southern Classic barrel in 50 cal. This gun only weighs about 6.5 pounds and with only 55 gr of Swiss 2F it's got my shoulder black and blue after about 60 shots over the last few days. Anyone have any ideas to help with this other than cutting he charge, I've dropped it 10gr from 65 and anymore I feel would affect the accuracy which I'm just getting dialed in. How to shoot more and hurt less is what I' looking for. :cool:
Thanks Phil
Wow, that is super light. Combined with crescent steel butt plate and a lot of drop, ouch. My Tennessee .50 weighs 8+ pounds and is comfortable to shoot off hand (or sitting with cross sticks) a dozen or so shots with 90-grain 3-F hunting load, or all day with 50 to 60 grain practice load.
As someone suggested, holding on arm might help. Also try using a gel or closed cell foam shoulder pad. Some shooting jackets have these built in or you can sew on a pocket and rig your own (see Ludex Recoil Pad, for example).

Shoot about 30 today and solved it.
20240701_105325.jpg

Latest posts

Back