• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Bobcat "improvements"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the under-rib held on with screws??
I might git a couple of'em and mount'em on full-stocks fer my grandkids.

YMHS
rollingb

Is the under-rib held on with screws??
I might git a couple of'em and mount'em on full-stocks fer my grandkids.

YMHS
rollingb

Rollingb....These thigs are great for the grandkids....I have used them for " Bribery ", " this is just between you and me stuff ", and even " Tooth Fairy bait "...You bet you should get those grandkiddies one!

And, besides that, from I've seen, they perform way beyond what their cost would indicate. It is nothing fancy, nothing special, but the darn little things shoot like a barn on fire! I can't remember, but I do think that rib has screws.

Russ

There's not really an under-rib on the barrel. Just a plastic ramrod thimble which is held on with a single screw.

It looks sort of odd from the side, as if it's missing an under rib. I've thought about buying one from TOW but since I'm planning on making a fullstock for it, I may not.

BTW, the plastic stock weighs nothing and is utterly hollow- very easy to add ballast. Just remove the butt plate and pack modeling clay in there (can be found in a craft store) It'll hold about 1 1/4 lbs (adjust to suit) of clay and have a much better feel. Without the clay in the stock, it feels so awkward and nose heavy.

The trigger's a bit heavy. If it's got any creep, I can't tell...probably because it's so heavy :hmm:

Rollingb....These thigs are great for the grandkids....I have used them for " Bribery ", " this is just between you and me stuff ", and even " Tooth Fairy bait "...You bet you should get those grandkiddies one!

And, besides that, from I've seen, they perform way beyond what their cost would indicate. It is nothing fancy, nothing special, but the darn little things shoot like a barn on fire! I can't remember, but I do think that rib has screws.

Russ

I've been think'n 'bout use'n somethin like those Bobcats, to mount on full stocks. I'm also think'n the total cost would only be 'bout $100.00 each (include'n the cost of the Bobcat itself).

I like "tinker'n" , with things like thet, and thers nowher else to git a "parts set" fer $60.00!! :haha: :thumbsup:

YMHS
rollingb

Rollingb the ram rod thimble is metal that is held on with a screw that goes threw a maybe 3 inch rib that has a plate that fits in a dovetail cut in the bottom of the barrel.
I took the rib off my cva hawkins an put on the 36.I had this barrel on the hawkins for a spell but put it back on the woodstock bobcat.Hawkins has a bobcat 50 barrel on it right now.Still aint got around to shooten that barrel yet :haha:I figuared for 50 bucks it would make a good barrel for the hawkins or the other wood bob.
When you got done maken one of them purty tiger stripe stocks of yours and put a bobcat barrel on it youed have to change the name to tiger cat or sumin ::Im thinken it would shine though

Buckknife,.... Thanks fer tha "info", I'll check to see if Cabela's carry the CVA Bobcat!! :thumbsup:

YMHS
rollingb

Back