• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Bobcat Repair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marwat06

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well got my Bobcat back from CVA repair (caps weren't pop'ing). Tried a few caps in the garage and all seems fine. It took about 4 weeks. Zero cost to me (they paid for the shipping both ways). Hopefully, when the weather warms above freezing, I'll test it out on the range. Everyone seems to offer good warranties ... thought I'd post a note about how a company acutally stand behide it products.

It's good to hear bout good service work...
however..
I"m looking to buy a Bobcat and was wondering,knowing what ya know now would ya reccomend the rifel?
Thanks!

I own a .36 caliber CVA Bobcat plus a CVA .50 caliber Hawken. Both fire just fine for me and I haven't had any warranty type issues. Just my $.02....

Yes I would recommend it as a starter rifle. It shoots fine and expect for the problem I had with the lock spring (my guess as to the problem) the rifle has worked great. Paid $54.00 at Wal-Mart for the rifle so it was a great choice for me to test out M/L ing to see if I like it. I bought a T/C Hawkin, so I must like it. The Bobcat is going to my son.

For the price I don't think You can go wrong.Several on here including myself own them.A great starter gun for anybody.The lock and trigger assy.would cost $50.00 as parts.With a little work and imagination,new wood stock ,sights Etc.they make a respectable looking and handling little gun. :thumbsup:

I own a CVA Bobcat, use it as a treking and hunting rifle. I have modified it. Converted it to musket caps, added a piece of brass welding rod to the top of the front site and installed sling swivels. Shoots straight, and that's what counts.

cp.gif

I had a Bobcat .50 and wasnt really pleased with the gun. It was handly and light for a long days hunt, and I never had any ignition problems once I quit using modern lube oils after cleaning.

Accuracy was ok at 50 yards but at 100 yards it just never came in for me. Perhaps this was just the rifle that I had because others report good results.

Main thing I didnt like was the recoil was a bit harsh with such a light gun and heavy hunting charges. Cheek slap was the main issue I had.

Back