• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Accuracy....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
with the 1858 New Model Army .44 Revolver has surprised me ever since I bought it two years ago. This is with the standard sights....not the target model. My load is 38 grains Goex FFF and I use the Hornady swaged round balls.My bench is 41 yards from this plate and I have a bench set up under the overhang of my outside work shop. Got a touch of the flu but I had to get out of the house a while. Shot 5 shots and will do more tomorrow.

IMG_4884 by Sharps Man, on Flickr
IMG_4884 by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Last edited:
Most people I have seen shoot couldn't do that good with a modern scoped rifle! LOL!
Really that is some pretyy good shooting Pal!

I am loving mine as well in 36 and 44.
The target models sights are the only difference between the models with 8" barrels.
I do really like the modern sight profile but it aint necessary.

Back