• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Flintlock Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WALKERs210

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I looked at a CVA flintlock this weekend and from what I could gather it is a Mountain rifle. The gentleman said he had built this from a kit some 15 yrs back. My question or concern is the rear sight is a fully adjustable type,(windage and elevation). Also the touch hole had a new(new to me anyway) touch hole insert. Rifle looks great and appears to have never even had a flint put into the jaws or fired. But did CVA rifles back in the 80's use the touch hole insert and adjustable rear sight? It also has double trigger set with patch box on stock with cheek rest??

The CVA Mountain rifle came in 45 and 50 calibers. The barrels were held in place with two wedges and they had steel furniture with a puter nose cap and german silver patchbox. The rear sights were screw adjustable for elevation but had to be drifted in the dovetail slot for windage. They also had a big bore version in 54 and 58 calibers without a patch box.

CVA also had a Hawken rifle with that had all brass furniture, a single wedge to hold the barrel in place and this rifle had fully adjustable rear sights.These sights would fit and could be installed on the mountain rifle.

This description is more like the one I looked at. I didn't know for sure if the CVA had indeed produced one with these features or not. Hopefully I can get back to the flea market and catch the man this weekend, he was only asking $175.00 for it and like I said it has never had a flint put in the jaws. Now just got to dig up a good excuse to tell the wife on why I needed another one.
Thanks guy for the info.

Latest posts

Back